Related Posts with Thumbnails
RSS
email

Tribute to Yasmin Ahmad


Aha.. today as I mentioned yesterday, I'm in Ortho department.. I went to see Mr. Y (the head of department) in his office early at 8 a.m. He asked me to go to the ward for morning pass-over. When I was on my way to the ward, I came across my friend who is also going to start Ortho posting today. As we arrived to the ward, morning pass-over was already adjourned for hospital assembly. Hmmm..

Last month my hospital director was conferred the Darjah Indera Mahkota Pahang (D.I.M.P) - the same darjah which carries the title Dato' which received by Dato' Siti Nurhaliza. Hehe.. My hospital director was also celebrating his birthday. Uhuk.. We were informed that our senior Anaesthetic M.O. was transferred to Hospital Kuala Lipis as the new hospital director there. Wahhh... she's actually a very nice person. :-)

Well, tonight I'm browsing through Youtube. I came across few of tv commercials which were shown through our tv few years ago. Those commercials were directed by Allahyarham Yasmin Ahmad. Our pride. Hmm.. even though she was also famous of few controversial issues, her films and commercials still in our heart. How she captured Malaysia as a unique nation, and tied up our inter-racial bond together as one makes us remembering her through her films and commercials. May Allah swt bless her soul.

I don't actually sure whether these commercials had ever touched your heart; but I'm sure they had touched millions of hearts. And I believe they are still fresh in our memories... Enjoy..


Allahyarham Yasmin Ahmad
(July 1, 1958 - July 25, 2009)
















And this coming Hari Raya Aidilfitri, there will be no more commercials from Yasmin Ahmad...





Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment